Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We had the talk. . . .

So, yes, Randy and I had the talk last night. I explained things the best I could, trying not to be harsh and hurt his feelings. He was upset, and left. But called to finish the conversation a few minutes later. So, now he knows, and I think I feel better. Hopefully no more panic attacks this week. Yes, I have panic disorder and was diagnosed yrs ago after my miscarriage. Apparently it is hereditary and also brought on my stress. My grandmother and my cousin have similiar issues. Its has been so long since I have had an attack, that 3 in the last week seemed like too much. So I am hoping with this "thing" off my chest, we can move on.
Went to the doc. today. Had a chest x-ray. Lungs are clear. Hmmmmmm. He said it is probably just phlegm hanging around in my bronchial tubes and/or drainage from my nose. Whatever. So, he hooked my up with some Chantix. Have you heard abt. this drug?? I have talked to many people at work who are or have taken it and most all have said good things. Its a quit smoking drug for those who don't know. I have not filled the prescription, but plan on it tom. Just not sure when I want to start.

Random question: Does your mother say "Happy Mother's Day" to you??
Mine never has. Not sure if this should bother me or not??? But, I think it kinda does. Otherwise I wouldn't been writing abt. it huh?

Excited for Miss Ellies b-day party tommarrow!!!!! Yeah, good food and good company and a 2 yr. little girl to celebrate. I will take pictures!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

T- This is Kris's cousin Megan. I just had to leave you a comment. I started the Chatix almost two months ago and have officially been smoke free for one month and two days. And let me tell you....I did NOT want to quit. I just enjoyed doing it. (I know- sounds weird) Anyway, I smoked for the first 2 weeks or so on it, then after that, it seriously just didn't appeal to me. I'd light one, take a few drags and feel like I had a mouth full of cotton, so I'd put it out and try again later, only to have the same thing happen. Eventually, I just didn't want one. I won't lie....there are still times I would cut of my right arm, just for one measly little smoke, but it is WAY easier to squelch the desire with the Chantix. This is the miracle drug!! The only side effect I have had is that my dreams are really vivid. Oh- and for the first couple of weeks, I kinda felt down in the dumps, but that went away. I just wanted to tell you this and wish you luck on the quiting. It really works and I PROMISE...you will feel SO MUCH better once you do. Breathing is great!! LOL!! Good Luck!!!!

Greg said...

Please fill the Rx! Your daughter will thank you for it. YOur friends will be glad to have you around to :)

Thank goodness the doc didn't find anything in the xray.

See you tonight!

arlene said...

well this ios my 1st time to your blog- your daughter is adorable- your former or whatever b.f. well he may be nice etc. never just settle-it doesn't work. fill your presciption-anurse I work with used that- she quit and she has been dx. w/emphysma-I quit using commit lozenges-they work for me and sometimes I will have a smoke 'cause I want one so bad but only smoke 1/2 but I haven't had a one for two wks now-but I am trying and you never fail from trying and don't give up- hope I can find this website again have enjoyed your chatter-