Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The best touch in the world. . .

So, Hunter and I went for a walk, yes it was actually hot and I was sweating! A visit to my grandmothers we went. She was so glad to see us. Since my grandfather passed away, 7 yrs. ago, she looks forward to any visitors, expected or unexpected. When H was smaller, she used to seem very uneasy when we went to visit, so I brought her there more. We make regular vists every other week or so, and since H has become much more comfortable, recognizing her, giving hugs and kisses and smiles galore. That makes me so happy. When we were sitting on the couch, H kept on coming up to me for no reason, and would touch my arm and give me a hug. Until you have your own child, you could only imagine what this feels like. Your own flesh and blood, showing you affection. A small thanks, for just "being" mommy (or daddy). I LOVE it. She is so sweet and innocent, with sooooo much to learn still. I am grateful for her in my life. To have the honor and opportunity to raise her. To have given life to her. I think way to many people in this world take for granted the ability to get pregnant and have children. It just kills me to see mothers with 4 or 5 kids, not really having wanted any of them, when there are so many people who have to go through a lot of money and time and doc. trips to make another life possible. When I had my miscairrage 8 yrs. ago, it was very scary. Not that I was ready, and I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. However, the thought went through my mind for years. . . .will I ever be able to have children? Some people grow up wondering if children are something that they even want to be a part of their lives someday, but I knew, this was going to be a part of my life. Like I said. I am so grateful to be blessed with Hunter. And I can only hope that someday, there will be more little ones in my life. I still have so much love to give.

We have 2 family reunions at the end of this month!!!! Wuuuu whoooo! They are so much fun. I love getting together with everyone. And these reunions are not the traditional one. We have themes, and a big camp out. Lots of games, pinatas for the kids (oh, and the adults)!!! This years theme for both familys(The Bilderback, and the Hayes) is Pirates. I will be sure to post some pics of the good times we have!!! TTFN.

3 comments:

Miss said...

I didnt know that you had a miscarriage 8 years ago!! Wow...

Greg said...

Pirates huh? AYE....wheres the treasure?!?!

Sounds like it will be a fun time!

noc shifter said...

Hunter is such a speical little girl, and she is so lucky to have you as a mommy.

J