Monday, July 14, 2008

She-Woman 2008

Well, the weekend has come and gone. We look forward to it every year, put lots of time into planning and setting up, and all you do is blink . . .and its over. The weekend started out Friday, meeting at Mr. Bilz bar at 11am. I believe we stayed til 2pm ish and headed out to 240th Street to start setting up camp. It was hot, and humid. After setting up 3 tents, and sweating profusly, we had to take a dip in the pool. Lots of munching, listening to music, playing euchre, some wierd nail and hammer game in a log (I just video taped this one) and then a bit later. . . after more people slowly started arriving at the farm, the winds picked up. It was raining and we ended up in the cellar of the house for a wee bit. Get a bunch of gals liquored up, and we aren't too scared. Two of Kims brother in laws stayed in the house the entire weekend farming and staying out of our way. But it was nice to have them around in case something would have happened. After finally getting the zipper to my tent open (I had issues with this ALL weekend!), we crashed. We awoke early Sat. morning. I really can't remember what time it was, but I knew I felt like shit. Drank a lot of fluids and ate some breakfast. The euchre tourney started around 11:30 am. I had to have a coctail. . . hoping that it would make me feel better. After an hour or two, it did. Abt. 1:30ish, we all started getting ready for the hayride. It left around 2:30 and we headed to Goodhue to visit Dar's bar for some singing and line dancing! This is the 14th year this She-Woman thing has been going on, and since the 10th year, we have had shirts made. I don't have a close up of the design on it, but will do so at a later time. A local bar pal originally drew this design for us, and we have a friend that runs a t-shirt, sweatshirt shop. Anywho, back to the story. . . the hayride was a success!! As always! We gathered a few more people along the way, and lost a couple as well! We did visit the tavern in good ole Bellchester too! Greg and Kris, I wish we would have driven by (maybe next year!) We usually return to camp around dusk, eat some food, sit by the campfire, and most of all. . . passing out is what is pretty normal after the hayride. We do it, and we do it well. I was in bed around 10ish, and I believe it was 11:30 when the last person hit the hay! The next morning, we started getting up around 6am! That is so early for me, but I just couldn't sleep anymore! Oh, I forgot to mention, that the last few people up Sat. night snuck into tents and campers trying to put tatoos on the faces of the people already passed out! Gwen (the person whos house we were camping at) had one smack dab on her forehead! Kim tried getting me, but I woke up swinging. I do NOT remember this, but my only guess would be that since becoming a mother, I never sleep well and wake many times during the night. The tatoos did look cool though! So, yes, Sunday morning has arrived. Realized that we forgot to grill the burgers and brats after we returned from the hayride, so that was breakfast. Not to bad, everyone looking and feeling like shit. The tents were disassembled, garbage was picked up and the cars loaded. Awards were given out for various things done over the weekend, the newcomers recieved their certificates for becoming She-Women. I was in a 4 way tie for 2nd place in Euchre and tied for most loaners as well. Oh, got the Cinderella award too, and my lost shoe was returned. The voting took place for next years theme.
80's won. Some of the other choices were disco, spring break, and prehistoric, along with some others that I just can't remember right now. So, yep, that abt. sums it up. Here are some pictures in no particular order.

Sitting on the house porch watching the storm Friday night.

Lindsay, Amber and I

All this years newcomers lined up at Dar's

At the bar in Bellchester

Party in Kims camper after the storms, Gwen in pink fu-fu hat

Right as we pulled into Goodhue

Linds and I

Kim and Gwen during the euchre tourney

The brave souls that met at Mr. Bilz early Friday morning

Pool time after setting up tents


I have been attending now for these various themes: Hawaiian, Survivor, Murder Mystery, 50's, cartoon characters, Fear Factor, Vegas, and now Ho-down!!! At the Survivor event (I think) we were all given lamenated necklaces that said this

She is Woman

I promise to take time for myself,
To allow myself to find
The person I was before becoming a
Wife and a Mother
Or learn about the woman I want to be.

I promise to look after
All Women in need of finding themselves
As well as having respect
For other She Women looking for Peace within.

I am Woman
Hear me Roar!


How cool is that?!
All in all we had a fabulous weekend. The oldest gal attending was 69! Linds arrived in town Thurs. night, and I can't believe that she is gone already. Hunter and I brought her back up to the airport this morning. Time flies. But she will be back in abt. 6 weeks with Nate to visit. I know Hunter enjoyed seeing her aunt NeNe again! When I woke her up from her nap today, she asked me "Where did aunt NeNe go?" It was cute.

So, until next year. . . . . .

2 comments:

Nellie said...

That looks fun! I think I might have to join you next year if I can invite myself! 80's would be a blast...

Tanya said...

Honey you can totally come, and invite others to come with you!! It would be so much fun!