Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am truly lucky. . .

A few weeks ago, my mother and I had a garage sale. Wuuuu whooooo, I love this time of year, when everybody puts up their signs, and gets rid of their crap. It took me abt. a month of going through my house, pricing and putting things in totes to bring it all over to moms. I had over 9 totes of clothes, shoes and houseware stuff, plus big things that didn't fit in totes. I vowed to not come home with anything but empty tubs. So, for the first time ever, mission accomplished. All of our left over clothes were donated to a childrens home in our town, and the rest of the things went to the salvation army. I now find myself STILL overwhelmed and suffocated by all of the "things" in my house. How much can one person need? (and a little one of course) (and i say this after a post abt. shopping a few days ago) But still, I have sooooo much. I started to fill my first tub since the garage sale of more clothes to get rid of. Can you believe that 3/4 of that tub are clothes with the tags still on???? My spending habits have changed a bit over the last couple years now, its mostly abt. baby items and things for the house. But I still love to shop. I feel guilty sometimes for how much I really do have because there are so many people out there, with so little. I truly am lucky to be able to live the life I do and provide for my daughter. I am not trying to brag. . . . I just very much realize what I have, and that there is so much that I can live without. Sometimes life seems to be, I don't know. . . . stuffy maybe is a good word to describe being surrounded so much. I will continue to weed through the "things" that I have in my life through out the summer. . . meanwhile, its not so much abt. WHAT is in my life, but WHO. . . .and that is a lot of great people as well.
Anyone got any suggestions for getting rid of diaper rash? I have tried almost everything. And for Hunter being 20 months, we have never had to deal with this longer than a day in the past. This has been going on now for over 2 wks, it will not go away! Arggggg.

3 comments:

Nellie said...

have you tried aquaphor yet? it is awesome and clears Ellie up withing 1-2 diaper changes! I can drop some off in the morning for you if you want to try it. Let me know.

Miss said...

I use antifungal cream (yeah...like for athletes foot) Tucker gets it really bad and it works GREAT

noc shifter said...

I was also thinking maybe it is more than a diaper rash. Babies and toddlers can get yeast infection that cover their bottoms so if you have tried the aquifer, the regular thick desitin and then the antifungal(which I have heard other people use) then maybe a trip to the MD. Also try letting her run around without a diaper on. maybe right after she has peed so hopefully no messes. Air is always a good thing!!!

J