Thursday, November 6, 2008

A post long over due. . .

R u ready for a long one????

It has been over a week since I returned from Illinois visiting my sis! Need less to say, I think I am going to take a break from blogging for awhile. Too busy, not enough time, and the time that I do find here or there, I would rather not be in front of my computer. So, for awhile at least, there will be random posts here or there. I can't even keep caught up on reading them.
Last week was a long one, 2 funerals, a lot of emotions, bad moods, sad people. But we all pulled through. . . because what else could we possibly do?
So here are some pics from our trip. . . lets just say, that traveling in a car for 9 hrs. with a 2 yr. old is NOT what I expected. Bring the dvd player bcuz she WILL NOT sleep the whole way.
Oh, these pics are not in order. fyi.

Linds boyfriend Nate works at the Fire Station in Charleston, so needless to say, we took a trip there on the last day to see the fire engines and ambulance. You would not believe how heavy this hat is!!!!



Nate and Linds.



Linds and I in their "get up".








Nate has a Harley! So cool! We went riding one day for abt. an hr. I lost my bandana within the first 15 min. but I sucked it up. Next time I will make sure to tie it tighter! We drove to Indiana on Monday so that I could go to the Harley shop. The one in Illinois was closed. Who knew?? Still would have liked to have a shirt that said Effingham instead of Terre Haute. Just think it sounds cooler, ya know?



Nate and Linds have this huge trampoline in their backyard. . .Hunter loved it! We jumped around on it a couple days, but if the sun wasn't out, it was a bit cold. And windy!! Illinois doesn't have all the bluffs like we do around here.



We went out the very first day/night we arrived. Went to a bar that Linds compared to the Harbor around here. But a lot bigger, seemed a lot nicer, and a butt load more people there. They live pretty close to a college. College housing, and parties, NOT missing them anymore! I was dancing on stage and Linds wouldn't come up there with me. Pooper.



Let me start from the beginning now, I worked on Friday night, Linds friend Heidi drove with me there. We left at abt 1 in the morning. Thinking that H would sleep the whole time. Not so. I didn't sleep much on the way there. Abt. an hour. And I had been up since 7:30 Friday morn. We arrived at their house abt. 9:15 or so Sat. morning. Nate was putting on a bean bag tourney for the Fire Station. We got to the bar at noon. First coctail down. Still only one hr of sleep. Nates mom has a daycare, so Hunter spent much of the day there. Drank some coctails, sucked at bean bags, left to go eat around 5:30 ish or so (I think). Ate a nice restaurant. Came back to the house. Showered (Linds said the make-up was starting to set in my wrinkles! :) I was over tired, emotional, and just plain feeling weird after not sleeping for so long, I have never done it that long before. Nate mom called a couple times, Hunter didn't want to stay and go to bed. So we went to pick her up. Heidi was tired and decided to stay home with H and the 3 of us went out. Got to the bar abt. 9:30 sat. night. Closed the joint down. Had a craving for Taco Bell or Johns (???) total brain fart. But anywho, waited in the drivethru for abt. a flippen hour!!!! Can you believe that??? Wow. By the time we got home and finally settled down for bed, I had had 1 hr. of sleep within 43 hrs. Not gonna do it again, for a very very long time!!!
This pic is right away when we got to the bar sat. night.



There was this HUGE pig outside the restaurant that we ate it! Weird?? eh?



Here is Heidi and I right before the bean bag tourney at a bar called The Paw.



I am combining a few posts into one very large one. We had been back for a couple days, went to the new park at Colvill Park. Sporting her "new" Harley hat and a pink tutu. She was the only girl at the park in a pink tu tu!!!


Nate and Linds were both very gracious with us staying in their home and messing it up a bit, but we had fun! Thank you both for everything. . can't wait to see you in 6 weeks or so!!!!

Last Sat. night I had off. Kurt wanted to stay at home after a long night out Friday. So Kim and dad met me at Bilz to practice darts. At the last minute, we decided to attend a Halloween party at the Elks. Too fun! We were not dressed up. . at first. Kim had a tub in her trunk, so we pulled it out in the parking lot, and started to get dressed. She was a hippie witch, and I was a hippie. Don't ask me who Cousin It was, cuz I can't remember!



Ran into an old high school friend, Ryan!



Biener and I.

















3 comments:

TEACHBROECK said...

I was thinking of taking a break too....too busy! WHo knows though...Your sister is a as pretty as you are..(umm hope that didn't weird you out!)

Tanya said...

not weirded out teach! I'll take that as a compliment ;)

Nellie said...

gave you an award on my blog... come get it!